Surprising statistics

According to Blogger stats I have quite a few more visitors from Germany than from the US.  Ah, they must have figured out my Yekke origins, which takes a great deal of insider knowledge because the last name that would indicate that is not the one I currently use.  But really, it's strange.  I didn't think there are even too many Jews left there. I had a handful of relatives living there until a bit under 20 years ago. My uncle and his wife opted to move to the US because he found things getting increasingly uncomfortable for them there. The other surprise is that I have 4 in the United Arab Emirates. That is a mere 32 fewer than are shown for Israel.   And the third surprise is that I get more people from Brazil than from the UK without knowing any of the languages they might speak there. In the interest of full disclosure, though, I have to admit that I do have cousins in Brazil, but I didn't think they would be reading my blog. Come to think of it, I also have cousins in the UK, so it still doesn't make sense.

Here's the explanation: those stats are for this week.  For some reason, more people in Germany gravitated over to my blog this week than usual.  I think I know why. It's not due to my Yekke origins. It's due to the post on the Purim custom of dressing up, which is said to have very old sources cited among German Jewry.  So Germans doing a search on German customs may have somehow zeroed in on that.  Longer term stats reveal the US to be the leader by far, followed by Israel, with Germany third and surprisingly close to Israel in numbers.  That is followed by Canada (lots of relatives there), then  Netherlands (where relatives lived long ago) and then the UK.  After that come some Eastern European countries  and South Korea where I don't think I have any relatives currently.

Notice: I don't discriminate.  One does not have to be a US citizen to qualify for the crown as per http://kallahmagazine.blogspot.com/2011/03/want-crown.html

Visit my site www.kallahmagazine.com -- not just for kallahs. You can also see posts at http://www.examiner.com/x-18522-NY-Jewish-Bridal-Examiner

Comments

Popular Posts