Trimming the fat in your food budget

See the practical tips at http://www.mint.com/blog/saving/saving-on-food-12292010/
I'll forgive them the number in the title. Have I mentioned here that I am quite sick of the gimmick of using numbers in titles of blog posts?  Well, for the record, I am.  Anyway, I regularly use 8 out of these 11.  I am not interested in a pressure cooker at this time and am not very good at rescuing failed recipes.  I would like to point out that, even though this is intended for nonkosher consumer, cutting meat out is considered a way to save on the food budget.  Considering that kosher meat can cost 100% than its nonkosher counterpart, it pays to think along the lines of a parve or dairy main dish. Speaking of which, if you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend the vegetable soup recipe I posted here.  It makes use of what you have around and is very economical as well as easy. I don't like recipes that call for expensive ingredients or complicated preparations.


Visit my site www.kallahmagazine.com -- not just for kallahs. You can also see posts at http://www.examiner.com/x-18522-NY-Jewish-Bridal-Examiner

Comments

Popular Posts