TV on the road

No, it's not about portable televisions. Today, we took a trip out to a place on the North shore I hope to tell you about with pictures when I have time to get into more detail. But on the way back, we stopped for gas at a Gulf station where there was a TV at the pump. I've never seen it before.  So I Googled it and found http://www.gstv.com/.   The selling point for the gas stations is "enhance your customers' fueling experience with GSTV, resulting in increased traffic and higher C-store sales."  But of course, the money is in advertising, and GSTV claims that it "reaches the consumer 'off the couch' and ready to take action. Advertisers can target receptive audiences, influence and motivate purchasing decisions." I don't know, just because you are on the road doesn't mean you're going to set right out to buy what you've seen advertised.  Actually, what seemed to be on was a cooking show, so in the couple of minutes we were pumping gas, I didn't register any ads at all.  But it may be effective in advertising the snacks, drinks, and lottery tickets that are usually available for sale right on the spot in the station's convenience store.




Visit my site www.kallahmagazine.com -- not just for kallahs. You can also see posts at http://www.examiner.com/x-18522-NY-Jewish-Bridal-Examiner

Comments

Popular Posts