part 2 of shidduchim lecture

Did any of you go to the first one on January 1st and wish to offer highlights? Anyway, here's the info for part two: Cong. Shaaray Tefila
Central & Lord Aves., Lawrence

MONDAY, JANUARY 18TH
10:00 A.M.
at Shaaray Tefila

Speaker:
Rabbi Dovid Weinberger, shlita

Topic:
SHIDUCHIM ¡V PART II
Do you know what you are doing?
„« When and under what circumstances may one break an engagement?
„« Checking into the brother of the prospective girl
„« Birth control at the outset of the marriage ¡V the halachic issues
„« Support from parents for children learning/going to school ¡V what should be the arrangements?
„« The encroachment as a Shadchan when someone else is involved
„« Making a Shiduch with people who are not completely Shomrei Torah u¡¦Mitzvah
„« Offering unsolicited information that is damaging about either the prospective boy or girl

Extensive Question & Answer period to follow

Men & women are urged to attend

Comments

Orthonomics said…
Are you going to take notes for those of us who can't attend? Some topics look relevant to subjects being discussed in cyberspace.
Ariella's blog said…
I would if I go. But my daughters have their winter break beginning this Friday, so I'm not sure I will be able to attend.
BrooklynWolf said…
I was at the lecture (I even recorded it) and found it pretty interesting. I won't be at the follow up lecture, however.

The Wolf
Ariella's blog said…
I remember you said you may be able to make it. But I didn't see anything in your blog about it. Are you planning on sharing the highlights with your blog audience?

Popular Posts