Still the same after all these years

I was reading through reviews of wedding photographers on a wedding site. Though the site is not oriented toward a Jewish audience, it does include some Jewish owned photography studios. One of them was the one that shot my wedding way over a decade ago. The reviewer was not happy with her experience. Among the unpleasant things she recounts is being ordered by the photographer into poses she was uncomfortable with. She had to say "no" 4 times before being heard. I remember having the exact same experience. I didn't like being told to hold the veil this way or that, etc. And for all their claim of knowing what the poses should be, the results were not at all impressive. The reviewer attributes the poor performance to the owner being present for too short a time. But if the photographers were truly professional, they would not need the owner there to perform properly. And while she offers the possibility that her experience was an aberration, I remember being quite displeased myself.

Comments

Popular Posts