One person's solutions to a person who refused to pay

I was in Queens today where I and ran into someone who recognized me as Kallah Magazine. In the course of the conversation, his table companion offered what he did when someone refused to pay him. He told a couple of guys he would pay them $1000 to make sure the man who stiffed him would limp. The next time he saw him, the man walked with a cane, and he felt very satisifed. Much as I may think some of the people I have had difficulties with may deserve such treatment, it is not something I would actually do. Justice will simply have to be served by the Almighty.

Comments

You could print a list of the people who didn't pay you in your magazine, and say that anyone dealing with them should know what kind of people they are. Or at least show the proposed article to the deadbeat before actually printing it.
Ariella's blog said…
It's a tempting idea. I have seen stores post the checks people have bounced as a type of wall of shame. But for me this would backfire with people asking how I can spread lashon hara and contribute to chillul Hashem by broadcasting the names of the deadbeats.

Popular Posts