A most quotidian post

It's all about laundry. All during the 9 days I had a nagging feeling that there was something I needed to take care of. I knew what it was. All during the year , I don't go longer than 3 days without putting in a load of laundry. Until a couple of years ago, I was still doing a wash during Sukkoth, Pesach, and the 9 days for my younger kids. I don't recall if I was able to make it through last year's 9 days without a load, but I did this year. And as today is Ereve Shabbos, and the Shmirath Shabbos concedes in the main text that the usual delay of doing laundry until after chatzos the next day is suspended due to preparation for Shabbos, I started on the mountain of laundry last night. That allowed me to respond to the kids whothis morning uttered the dreaded words, "I'm out of underwear," that, in fact, there was some freshly laundered.

Comments

Popular Posts