Job Offer 10 cents per hour

A US job that pays just 10 cents an hour in 2009 seems unbelievable, right? But there are many freelance positions offered on the site ODesk.com that seek to pay only cents to a hour per hour or that amount for a 500 word article. The following is a real post for a job with a location in NJ -- not some third world country.
We're hiring about 300-800 candidates, we're expecting and will surely hire people who have a bid of 10 cents --- 80cents /hour

wage will increase as our business profits more and more.
On going project...we'll continue giving work

Gud luck

This job received over a dozen applicants! However, the applicants themselves all have foreign sound names.
Here's another one with a New York location:

I am looking for writer(s) who can work for me on regular ad hoc basis. I am running many Blogs and websites and I usually needs Articles, Blog posts, PR, Product reviews, Web content. I have plenty of work.

I am looking for dedicated Writer(s) preferably Native English speaker OR the writers who can write without spelling or grammatical mistakes.

I am hiring Now!!! So please Apply ASAP. Apply with your samples and Rates.

Obviously I am looking for low rates, So place your best or lowest Bid you can offer, but no compromise on the quality.

I Promise I will reply each and Every provider and will discuss it more.

Regards,
James

Update:
Please Apply with your rates per 100 words. And again I must say that I prefer Low rates but good quality.

Top quality at low rates. How low? Well, this job post drew 41 applicants in various price points. But only 4 were granted interviews. Their average rate was $1.65/hr.

I wouldn't even dream of paying a kid for babysitting that little. But that is what is offered to adults with experience and skills in this market.

PS: This post generated quite a bit of discussion on the Magazine Group of LinkedIn. If you are a member of the group, you can view it at: http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswers?viewQuestionAndAnswers&discussionID=4448431&gid=125214&commentID=4510745&trk=view_disc

Comments

Popular Posts