Bar mitzvah advice for "very simple people"

If anyone has any advice they would like to share, I can pass it on by responding to the email that appeared on the original posting. I left it off to protect the person's privacy. Something just struck me about this, particularly what was already ticked off:
Hi,

I already took care of the most important things, I just want to make
sure I not forgetting anything....
I would appreciate it if someone could list the Bar Mitzvah
process...if you dont mind..You would save my life!
its my first child so I am worried that I will forget something.
We are VERY SIMPLE people....
Anyhow,
I have a hall, photographer, musician and Tefillin, leining lessons
and....
I know I have to make a kidddush, how does that go?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Please don't take what I'm saying too seriously, but...

What if the hall is the shul social hall or youth lounge?

What if the photographer is the mother's brother who just enjoys doing photography at parties and simchas? (my brother does)

What if the musician is a 15 year old family friend who plays keyboard?

That's what simple people would do, right?
Ariella's blog said…
of course, anything is possible, but not everything is probable. If she were thinking shul hall, she probably would have already booked the kiddush there, for example. Relatives who offer their services for free also usually do require to be booked first thing. Come to think of it, I do hope she booked the caterer.
Ariella's blog said…
lest you think otherwise, I wrote a reply to touch on what is not on what she had not yet ticked off.
Orthonomics said…
A "simple person" would see no need to ask how a kiddush goes, but would rather would look the cost effective way to put on a kiddush and get the job done.

The new fashion is simple, but not all will achieve true simplicity.

Popular Posts