the one in a thousand

for honesty. I am in the throes of making sales calls for the winter issue of Kallah Magazine. I just had to report that there was one person who voluntarily told me what he pays for his ads currently after exclaiming on how reasonable my magazine's ad prices are. I do appreciate his honesty because most people will just automatically say, "that is too high" just to try to haggle me down. They will claim that they are paying less for their current ads or that they always get a particularly high discount off the rate card and expect the same from me. You see, others send out higher prices so that their customers can feel that they've "won" when they get the discount that brings the price down to what the publisher had in mind in the first place. For example the man I spoke with told me he pays $450, and that price is presented as a break on the "actual" price of $500.

Comments

Popular Posts