first day of school, third day of school, & orientation

Today was my second grader's first day. It was my ninth grader's third day. And it was orientation day for my sixth and seventh graders. For me it was chauffeur and mom on home duty day. There was regular bus service for the elementary school. However, as I was driving in the junior high girls for their orientation, I also drove in my younger daughter. I also got to drive in my son because, though today was already the third day, no one seems to have told the buses to start. Apparently, whenever they are not on regular schedule, they do not contact the bus office about it. But, though they are getting dismissed earlier this week, they are still starting regular time. And as school has started nearly everywhere by today, there really was no reason not to activate the busing for the high school.
Anyway I knew I had to go out again to the school at 11 to pick up the girls from orientation. I also got to pick up a classmate of one of my daughters whose mother was tied up for the day. I don't mind that, though, and was glad to be able to accommodate. I had to go out again at 3 to pick up my son and extended the ride for his classmate who lives a few miles further away from the school than we do. I just knew that when he called from the school and said there was a kid who needed a ride that it would be someone from Woodmere. I'm happy to help out, but I wonder what was the plan B in this case.

Comments

Popular Posts